Three phase and IBM

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Sun Mar 20 03:37:57 CDT 2011

Jochen Kunz wrote:
 > It depends on the equipment if it needs
 > netral or not. The cable may have a neutral, but the equipment may not
 > need it.

Here in the US, I have yet to see a piece of equipment with a cable or
plug with a neutral lead, that doesn't actually need it.  That's why I
suggested that if the cable or plug has a neutral lead, you should use
three-phase-wye.

I wouldn't necessarily even trust the schematics of a device.  It's all
too common for the published schematics to not actually match the equipment.

Eric