HP150 Touchscreen again

Rik Bos hp-fix at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 21 05:45:14 CDT 2011

LEDs.
> The data is shifted into '4094 shift registers/latches whihc feed a couple
of rows
> of LEDs. The powrr supply stats as 12V from my bench supply. That feedsthe
> +ve input of the touchscreen. A 7805 powes the logic and LEds inthe test
> box. And a 7660A provides the -12V supply for the tocuhscreen PCB.
>
> Anyway, after connecting it to the defective tocuhscreen PCB, I found
> that one of the beams appeared to be blocked all the time. Blocking other
> beams got the appropriate response from the test box, so I was pretty
> sure the logic was all working properly.
>
> Since I knew which beam was malfunctioning, I tested its IR LED in-circuit
> with an ohmmeter (system powered down, of course, It read differnetly
> from the others either side of it, so I desoldered it and tested it out
> of circuit. It's open.
>
> So the guy who told me that the emitter (LED) was the most likely failure
> was right.
>
> Now all I need to do is find a replacement.
>
> -tony

Are those the same LED's used in the HP 16500 series touchscreens ?
As you may know I updated my 16500A to a 16500C version with a upgrade kit
from Agilent.
Upgrading included changing the touchscreen PCB, so I've an A-version which
I don't use or maybe one day will part out.
I think change is the LED's are the same, let me know If you want some of
them.

-Rik