Residental electrical load [was Re: Who's rewired their house for this hobby?]

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 02:21:38 CST 2014

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> On 11/30/2014 06:06 PM, drlegendre . wrote:
>
>  A powered but un-used hob is really just a trap waiting to be sprung.
>> Automatic shutdown is a very wise measure.
>>

> The one I've got is really paranoid. (...) Oddly enough, I really
> appreciate that.

I've seen residential fires start in the most sudden, rapid and unexpected
ways.. anything we can do to keep that sort of thing to a minimum (without
creating undue encumbrance) is a Good Thing.

Don't ask me about the time the cat accidentally knocked a 9V battery into
a trashcan, that also contained some used #0000 steel wool and various
papers. If I hadn't been nearby, it might have taken the house.