EDSAC lives

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Dec 1 09:32:49 CST 2014

    > From: William Donzelli

    > Building a complete ENIAC replica would indeed be hard. If only exact
    > proper NOS parts were used, I might just say impossible.

One other component I didn't see listed: rotary switches. ENIAC used tons of
them, originally for inputting static data (think ROM :-), and later to hold
tables used when they converted it to a sorta-stored-program machine (think
uROM :-).

And what about the special plug wires (and the male and female connectors used
thereon) which were used to 'program' the machine for a given problem - are
those still available?

	Noel