Fwd: is there any word processing software for the pdp11?

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Mon Dec 1 21:36:25 CST 2014

On 01/12/14 12:29 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 11/30/2014 07:45 PM, Toby Thain wrote:
> Umm, I'm "pretty sure" I had TeX running on RSX-11M.  It was
> glacially slow, as in taking minutes per page, but it did get the
> job done.

That's interesting. I wonder how it was ported - presumably via the
Pascal compiler.

I did web2C-based ports to Classic MacOS (inside MPW) and Inmos
Transputer; I'd have thought pdp-11 was quite a bit too small for TeX.

If you recall any more details, I'd be interested - I might attempt a
new PDP-11 port.

--Toby