is there any word processing software for the pdp11?

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Tue Dec 2 14:36:50 CST 2014

I like C a lot. Perhaps some folks prefer a higher level of abstraction but
I find it nice to have almost the same power as assembly language to get
down and dirty with the hardware, while simultaneously knocking off most
things that make programming in assembly tedious, and allowing a modicum of
higher-level expression i.e types, structures and functions. It will do
exactly what you ask, no more, no less! Sometimes this gets people (myself
included) in trouble, but it's always a learning experience :) As an EE (a
degenerate one, but I graduated, LOL) I find it expressive. Like Plan 9
(er, UNIX) I think it's a testament to the brilliance of K&R... they just
always cut through all of the nonsense and give you something that is...
elegantly simple?

Best,

Sean