Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Tue Dec 2 16:04:12 CST 2014

From: Jacob Ritorto
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 6:53 AM

> I had thought TeX was line printer friendly at some point and only later
> evolved to support matrix-type devices?

TeX was originally developed to produce output on a digital typesetting
system (whose name is escaping me right now) which produced output at
more than 4500 dots/inch.  Everything else is a development from that.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/