C, please die,

Richard Loken richardlo at admin.athabascau.ca
Wed Dec 3 13:30:36 CST 2014

On Wed, 3 Dec 2014, Chuck Guzis wrote:

> Well, given all of the criticism that's been brought up, shouldn't we
> all be programming in Ada?

And ADA seems to be pretty much dead.

I don't understand what you guys are arguing about.  Any programmer that I
know who is under 40 only programs in one language: Java.  The under age
40 system administrators that I know can't program in any language unless
you call python a language.

There was one prediction that really went wrong,

    "I don't know what the programming language of 2000 will look like
    but I know it will be called Fortran."
    Tony Hoare circa 1982

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Unix System Administrator : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn