C, please die,

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:42:25 CST 2014

Many years ago when I was a Honeywell L66 GCOS systems programmer I was on a course for a new release of GCOS....
...Around the time there was an "Issue" with WWMCCS reportedly become close to launching an attack without proper authority....
Those of us on the course, who were having issues getting work run on GCOS, which was , we were told the core of WWMCCS at the time were somewhat disbelieving..
.. we said it couldn't happen. Some bright spark said even they want to they can't, the Secret Service will wake the President, and he will log into WWMCCS and type "Launch Missiles" and it would respond
 "Thank you Mr. President, your job is at position 9 in queue  .bang1, estimated time for execution 1 day 4 hours..."

Dave
G4UGM

(Mind you L66 H/w had a boom interrupt so perhaps not...)