is there any word processing software for the pdp11?

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Wed Dec 3 17:58:00 CST 2014

On 12/3/2014 10:44 AM, Rich Alderson wrote:
> [...]
The only thing we used on our Multics 6180 was the Cobol compiler.
Multics did not have one at the time, and I don't know if anyone ported
one after the 75 timeframe I was using it.

FWIW, the Multics Simulator which uses the sources and binaries posted
by Al is coming along nicely.  It has limited ring1 admin running (with
bugs) on the console.  They also were able to take the release they had
and do the multics equivalent of creating a boot tape.

There are a myriad of bugs to fix, but an amazing amount works now.

At the time I was on Multics, in 75, I think all the people working on
Emacs used the MIT machine for development.  Also Macsyma was being
developed and hosted on Multics.
Jim