The 9406-270 Has Arrived!!

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Fri Dec 5 18:51:15 CST 2014

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 10:05:51AM -0600, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 04:43:50PM +1300, Mike Ross wrote:
>
> > That moving of the cursor should be followed by messages in due course; it
> > can be a *very* long IPL...
>
> I may just need to give it more time.  I think with my first IPL attempt I
> let it run for over an hour.

Well, I don't know if I accidentally did something to fix it or if it just
needed more time.  After a suggestion received via a private reply I tried
to check the console setting via the front panel.  Using the procedures I
found online I never could get it to display anything that looked like the
code that indicates the console setting.  While I was in another room
surfing the 'net for more console setting procedures the language code entry
screen appeared on the twinax terminal.  I'm up to the point of installing
licensed internal code now.  Well, actually it's initializing one of the
disk drives.  The eta it's giving for that task alone is two hours.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.