Wooden case for DBit power and signal adapters - and a drive too

David Schmidt david at attglobal.net
Thu Dec 11 09:04:07 CST 2014

Finally feeling guilty enough about stringing a bunch of expensive
electronic bits out on my bench whenever time came to use an 8" disk
drive, I mounted my DBit-sourced parts and power supply into a case.
And the power+smarts sled slides in and out and has little feet on the
bottom so it can be re-used with other loose 8" drives too.  Some
pictures with the least-intrusive Google Drive URLs I could manage:

The sled that holds the repurposed PC power supply, FDDC power
converter, and FDADAP signal adapter:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0im7ldJkbevMHNRV0s2MzZWcEE/preview?pli=1
The FDADAP doesn't have great mounting capabilities, so I just made a
little edge holder out of wood for it.

This slides into a cabinet (made of wood scraps...) so that it sits
above the floppy drive it's powering:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0im7ldJkbevT1M3QTdsWE9obk0/preview?pli=1

And of course what olden tech thing would be complete without a shiny
red button?
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0im7ldJkbevaUVQRkxBbnozVTQ/preview?pli=1

There's room/depth on the front for a bezel, but I'm not sure I'll bother:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0im7ldJkbevSGJRREFxWklTRGc/preview?pli=1

Yeah, the digits on the FDADAP are upside down the way everything ended
up being oriented, but I don't suppose I'll be looking at the back from
now on.