BDV11 ROM programs?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Dec 11 17:28:19 CST 2014

    > From: Pete Turnbull

    > you are aware that although there's 2KW of code in there, it's accessed
    > through a 256-byte (128 word) window in Bank 8 which has to be
    > programmed via the PCR?

Yes, thanks.

    > There are 18 error halts, listed in the BDV11 manual, which I expect is
    > on bitsavers

The Technical Manual is, but not the User Manual (which may not exist, the TM
doesn't mention one); the TM doesn't cover the software (in the PROMs), just
the hardware.

    > and on pp107-108 of the PDP-11 Microcomputer Interfaces Handbook 1980.

Ah, didn't know that - thanks, that's useful.

It's been a while since I looked at the BDV11 entry there; I was using the
BDV11 entry in the Microcomputer Products Handbook.

    > The 25 error halts for the 11/23+ are listed on pp 611-613 of the
    > Microcomputers and Memories Handbook 1982, and also on pp 47-49 of the
    > PDP-11/23-PLUS System Manual (EK-1T23B-OP-001).

Ditto (useful).

    > You've already discovered, I imagine, that there are gazillions of ways
    > to set up and use the sockets on a BDV11

Yup.

	Noel