Problem Installing Ultrix on DECstation 2100

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 14 01:13:44 CST 2014

I should have mentioned that the CD-ROM drive I am using has the sector size jumper and I have tried it both with and without the jumper setting with the same result. In fact without the jumper I cannot even get it to do the initial boot off the CD. The other suggestion is about the SCSI ID. Previously the CD-ROM was ID 0, I then tried ID 4 (which was higher than the HDD).

I think I have two courses of action, from the suggestions I have had. First is to try a completely different model of CD-ROM drive (I have an RRD42 somewhere), and the other is to try some different SCSI IDs for the CD-ROM drive.

Thanks

Rob