list issues & status

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Wed Nov 5 15:27:28 CST 2014

On Nov 5, 2014, at 1:07 PM, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 02:41:05PM -0500, Dan Cross wrote:
>> Call me when you find someone who still uses /usr/ucb/Mail or Rand MH.
>
> *waves*
>
> I was using it yesterday.  Because it is so basic, Mail is just the thing for
> firing one-liners at mailing list managers and the like, without risk of it
> "helpfully" sending me a copy of the outgoing message as is the habit of other
> MUAs.
>
> I'm not sure I can remember how to *read* mail with it though.

I use it all the time too since it’s very handy for system administration duties. It’s quick to load a mailbox to see if something is in it, and it’s handy on the command line to fire off test messages. Plus I have lots of scripts that use it. But I definitely don’t use it as my regular mail program anymore.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com