anybody still using elm

Richard Loken richardlo at admin.athabascau.ca
Thu Nov 6 15:28:45 CST 2014

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 10:02:13AM -0700, Richard Loken wrote:
>
> > Oops that should Alphastation 500 not 400.
>
> It might help if you say AlphaStation either way.  I saw DEC AS400 and
> thought, "That can't be right.  AS/400s are from IBM."  :-)

Yeah but us VAX guys weren't IBM guys.

I went through the same thing earlier in the week where somebody said
something about an HP AS400.  Thunk I, there is no such thing as an HP
AS400, the only thing I know of is an IBM AS/400.  I never figured out what
they were talking about, in the end I assumed it was an IBM AS/400 but I was
quite sure it was not a DEC Alphaserver 400.  But maybe it was, I don't
know.

C'est dommage.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Unix System Administrator : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn