Netronics Phoneme generator info

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 16:11:18 CST 2014

On 11/10/2014 02:51 PM, Roe Peterson wrote:
> You know, this entire discussion requires a user to reliably hit the
> RETURN key.  At least once, at the right time, and after connecting with
> a modem, or whatever.

Except that the return key generates 0x0a [LF] (at least on the Linux
system that I have the board hooked up to) and the board is expecting 0x0d
[CR, ctrl-M] as the first character.

I did end up writing a quick bit of C code to set up the serial line
parameters and spit out exactly the data that I wanted, just so I could
rule out other possibilities getting in the way, but still no luck. As I
said in another message, I'm not particularly surprised, though - the board
is over 30 years old, it was sitting in a junk pile, and some of the parts
could easily be bad (2114 RAM chips aren't known for their reliability, for
instance).

cheers

Jules