XT keyboards (and missing decal)

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Sat Nov 15 13:32:31 CST 2014

On 11/15/2014 11:05 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 11/15/2014 07:53 AM, Jules Richardson wrote:
>
>> Also, I'm missing the silver keyboard decal - I believe these just said
>> "IBM personal computer" like they did for the 5150, even though the 5160
>> case decal mentions XT. Does anyone have one they could pull from an
>> otherwise-junk keyboard that they might be willing to part with?
>
> It's quite possible that the keyboard wasn't IBM-produced either.
> There were plenty of Taiwanese clones with recesses of precisely the
> dimensions to fit the IBM logo.  Is there no label on the back of the
> keyboard that gives the IBM part number and manufacture date?
>
> --Chuck

Is it possible that it is a de-badged 3270PC or one of the 4000 product
lines?  They also used the XT for making up foreign terminals, such as
Katakana or Hangul, but I'm not sure if they did it before they
repackaged and came out with the PS2 50 and PS2 30 systems.

We got a Korean terminal like that.  Pry of some stickers, and reload
the software, and you would get a regular looking PC.

And of course replace the keyboard or keycaps.

Jim