Reading a CD that has no reflective layer

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 18:03:11 CST 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 7:45 AM, John Foust <jfoust at threedee.com> wrote:
> The CM100 apparently only works on PC and XT era hardware.  I saw
> mentions on the web that even a 25 Mhz PC is incompatible.

I have some CM100 drives, which may or may not work at this late date
due to a combination of age and poor environmental conditions in
storage.  I do not have a CM153 interface card.  The interface
consists of three or four RS-422 pairs. At one time I
reverse-engineered the 8051 firmware in the drive and understood the
details of the interface quite well, but I've forgotten them and
cannot currently locate my old notes or the service manual.

Still, if a CM100 is useful to you, let me know.