What to look for in a Model 33 Teletype - a newb's buyer's guide?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 02:05:14 CST 2014

@Robert

If you - or anyone - have links to digital copies of the Mdl. 33 service /
operator's manuals, please send those my way - would be very much
appreciated!

I presume the rubber hammer isn't so much a /rubber hammer/ as a steel
hammer with a bonded rubber face? Sort of like a pinch roller or drive
wheel from a tape machine or turntable, and so on. Lacking the rubber
facing, I could see how that would damage the 'typewheel' as you say, in
short order.

Per your suggestion, the greenkeys list will be one of my next stops. Thank
you for the help!! ;-)

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 1:41 AM, Robert Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com