mainframes and other stuff

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:36:28 CST 2014

> There doesn't seem to be a meeting of the minds here at all.  And it's a
> shame... if the scrapper teamed up with a curator, a lot of money could be
> made, and a lot of valuable stuff could be saved from actually being
> scrapped.  Shame.

The problem is that collectors in general have no clue to what vintage
machines are worth as just plain ore. Some of the numbers being thrown
around here are perhaps just over the value if each box was just scrap
steel, but we know that these boxes contain much more than steel.

> Did I see this was in North Carolina?  I might be able to help if the
> parties weren't so recalcitrant...

Noted, thank you.

--
Will