Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Sat Nov 22 17:13:55 CST 2014

Peter Corlett wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 02:46:29PM -0500, Todd Killingsworth wrote:
> [...]
> > How much of what you collect requires 220v?  How many big boxes do you keep
> > running - 24/7 or just turn it on/off as you want to use it?
>
> On this side of the Pond, everything is already nominally 230V and all UK
> sockets are good for 13A :)
>
> That's part of the source of the stereotype of the British always having a
> kettle on for endless cups of tea: a litre of water boils rather quickly when
> one dumps 3kW (i.e. 230V*13A) of heat into it.

Hmm, I'm from germany and here it is pretty much normal to have 3phase
230V 50Hz power, at least in rural areas and newer installations in cities.
Stadard here is 3x32A.

The voltages here are getting high lately, measured 248V 2 days before,
but this is well in the tolerance (230V+-10%).

Regards,

Holm
  www.tsht.de, info at tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741