TRS-80 Model 16

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Nov 24 08:29:52 CST 2014

    > From: Kevin Parker

    > good quality 8" media is a significant problem given its age ..
    > I have .. several hundred 8" floppies. ..
    > Some of the disks look like the parched earth of a desert so they'll be
    > a no go. As for the rest it's a guess - just be careful if you're
    > popping disks in and out and check if the surface of the disk is
    > visually OK and that it leaves nothing behind in the drive.

I was under the impression that older floppies should be given the same 'heat
soak' treatment given to old tapes (which makes sense; they are similar
formulations on a mylar base).

Once that is done, my understanding is that older floppies are actually
generally quite usable, pretty must like they were when new?

	Noel