List memberships and duplicates [was Re: Yay, now I need some Osborne boot media!]

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Mon Nov 24 15:28:05 CST 2014

On Nov 24, 2014, at 1:14 PM, Mouse <mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG> wrote:

> Me too.  I tried unsubbing from cctech and was told I wasn't
> subscribed.  So I've just left it, figuring Jay has bigger fish to fry
> for the moment - if it really bugged me I'd procmail the cctech copy to
> /dev/null.  If it's still going on whenever it seems to me it's worth
> mentioning again (a month? two?), I may see if Jay has the spare cycles
> then to deal with it.

I’ve been getting the duplicates too and also haven’t said anything for the same reasons. I did check the “List-" headers to see if I was getting a copy from cctech, but it’s not coming from there. I suspect what’s happening is the cctech is forwarding to cctalk, or has cctalk as a subscriber, and the cctalk list is not checking or storing the Message-ID to prevent duplicate messages.

Like you, I’m not an expert on mailman. The last time I ran a mailing list I used procmail’s SmartList.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com