Who's rewired their house for this hobby?

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 16:55:05 CST 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
> Any chance you could document (for history) what the aspect was, and why he
> did it the way he did?

It had something to do with the use of a PDP-11/40 as the console
front-end processor
(equivalent to a "service processor" in IBM terminology), but unfortunately I no
longer remember the details of either my question or his answer. I
seem to recall that
neither the question nor answer were anything terribly significant.
On the other
hand, if anyone did have any good questions about the logic design of the KL10
CPU, I could ask him.

> Maybe he could be convinved to do one on 'The Design of the KL-10'?

I'll ask him.