Relay question

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 16:40:41 CST 2014

Why not just do this the simple, usual way for an application like yours: a
pair of nice, sealed, heavy duty industrial pushbuttons marked UP and DOWN,
or even a single button with a nice heavy duty toggle switch similarly
marked?

Personally, I'd be a little leery pushing that button without knowing which
way the lift is going to move when I do...