Residental electrical load [was Re: Who's rewired their house for this hobby?]

Christian Kennedy chris at mainecoon.com
Sat Nov 29 21:01:54 CST 2014

On 28 Nov 2014, at 12:11, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> Okay, I grabbed some aluminum foil from yesterday's turkey roast (FWIW, the "dry brining with herbs under the skin" works wonderfully). Interesting effect--the foil must be in close proximity to the coils to heat up--and it does indeed do that very quickly.  Move it an 1/8" away and the effect is negligible.  What's interesting is to see the foil "jump" when power is applied.

Interesting.  Attempting to reproduce on the inductive cooktop I have here resulted in an immediate fault and shutdown.  Apparently my unit is too smart to indulge experimentation with metals that fail the magnet test.  Quell bummer!

--
Christian Kennedy, Ph.D.
chris at mainecoon.com	AF6AP | DB00000692 | PG00029419