HP-85A tape drive conversion

Rik Bos hp-fix at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 1 04:37:28 CDT 2015

The last option wouldn't work because the top of the capstan would be to
flexible, which would prevent a constant drive of the tape roller.
I'm using a simpler method than I described in the original article, I'm
using a piece 10mm aluminum tube of the right length.
Then machine the capstan to the right size ~8 mm (a little over size) and
press the tube piece with some 2k glue over the capstan.
When the glue is dried enough I machine the capstan to the right size, and
glue the rubber to it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hp-fix/9450004845/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hp-fix/9450011579/

It's a little easier to do then the methode described in the original
article.

-Rik