Wanted: ASM-48 for Intellec MDS-2

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Thu Apr 2 17:18:10 CDT 2015

Dave wrote...
----
I sold you an Intel MDS Series II probably about 15 years ago.  If that's the one you are talking about, it is either a model 220 or 225 (the 220 is 8080-based and the 225 is 8085-based).

Have you fired it up?
----
I thought it was Mabry :)

Yep, it was fired up many times - I was focused on ISIS when I dug in to it. It hasn't been powered up in a while because it developed a problem with the CRT control board. When I looked in to it in a very cursory fashion, I found a note "intermittent crt control" :) So, it has sat on a shelf till I got some round-tuits. Matter of fact, I just got a junked (partially destroyed) MDS that I believe is the same model, so I could at least swap crt control boards to make sure it was the culprit and then debug from there.

Thanks!