UK PDP11 wanted

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Apr 9 07:07:47 CDT 2015

    > From: Pete Turnbull

    >> Technically, that's an 11/83 CPU...

    > Nope, it's only 15MHz ... and the MSV11-Q memory isn't PMI, so it's an
    > 11/73.

A discussion as to whether the addition of second board can change a first
board from an A to a B would I suspect be non-productive, so I will pass over
that point. :-)

One thing that I am curious about is the 15MHz aspect: what did DEC (if you
recall) call a 15MHz M8190 paired with PMI memory? (Recalling our prior
discussion, which I am too lazy to look up and give a pointer to, about how
all the M8190's can apparently do PMI.) Did they (or would they) have
regarded that as an 11/83, or did only the 18MHz version get the 11/83
moniker? (Too many different configurations - 15/18, PMI/non-PMI - and not
enough names!)

	Noel