Altair Turnkey and some DEC stuff cheap

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 13:51:30 CDT 2015

On Apr 9, 2015 1:03 PM, "Mouse" <mouse at rodents-montreal.org> wrote:

> > The classic organic chemistry lab procedure for cleaning/drying stuff
> > is: (1) rinse with water, (2) rinse with ethanol, (3) rinse with
> > ether.  Step 2 takes away the water; step 3 takes away the ethanol.
>
> Interesting.  My experience, back when I took organic chem, was (1)
> water, (2) acetone.  I wonder if the relevant difference is temporal or
> per-lab or what....

In our microelectronics lab, we rinse with acetone, isopropanol, methanol
(or ethanol), deionized water, and finally dry with nitrogen.  For extra
cleaning, a piranha solution is made with a mix of sulfuric acid and 30%
hydrogen peroxide. I'm sure this all differs from lab to lab, and
particularly depending one you are trying to avoid in terms of
contaminants. In our case, it's metal ions like sodium and potassium.

Kyle