Color codes for DEC power supply terminals?

Gary Oliver go at aerodesic.com
Sat Apr 11 19:35:06 CDT 2015

I'm trying to determine if DEC used any standards when choosing colors
for the power terminal connections on their power supply systems.  I
have a non DEC 'DECTape' drive I'm in the process of bringing back from
the dead and am troubled by the manufacturers use of colors on their
terminals.  Some make sense: 'black', 'white', 'green' for primary
color, although there is a block of 'red' used as an alternate
connection to the 'black' (USA: 'hot' leg) of the primary (115VAC)
connection.

Others include 'blue', 'yellow' and 'orange'.

I'm familiar with DEC's use of 'red' for +5, and 'orange' for +15 (or
perhaps it was +12) but these do not seem to be the choices here.

I've consulted my list of 'small computer handbooks' and 'interfacing'
DEC books but haven't found anything useful.  Also search google with
many many permutations.

Any ideas?  Perhaps the manufacturer just pulled some out of their hat.

Thanks,
Gary