Video grabber, for NTSC type video signals

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Thu Apr 16 11:58:29 CDT 2015

At 08:12 AM 4/16/2015, Douglas Taylor wrote:
>There is a company, Epiphan, that sells VGA2USB devices for just such a thing.  New, they are quite expensive, so I took a chance and purchased a used one off ebay to see how it works.  I also would like to capture the video signal that is going to the monitor.

http://www.epiphan.com/products/vga2usb/

US $299.

An ideal device, I'd say, would capture all those antiquated video
formats, then process the data so it appears as it did on typical
glass monitors for the movie-file output.

For NTSC I always relied on the Sony DVMC-DA2 media converter.
NTSC <-> Firewire.  Composite, S-video, stereo, in-out.

- John