IBM 5160 oddball fault

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 18:33:33 CDT 2015

On 04/23/2015 08:56 PM, Ernest G. Allen wrote:
> Since it comes up in BASIC, have you tried BASIC's POKE command to
> stuff some values into the first 1,024 characters (2048 bytes)?

I'd thought of it, but then of course POKE wouldn't accept a linear address
of sufficient size to 'reach' the memory. As per my other message, I've
fixed the machine now (bad PCB trace for A11 between slots 3 and 4), but
your code was still handy because I didn't know that 'DEF SEG=$hxxxx' was a
thing. I've filed it away in my brain as I'm sure it will be useful again
one day! :)

cheers

Jules