VCF Ban, Vector Graphic cards, Wright card punch, MDS Keyboard

Diane Bruce db at
Wed Apr 29 16:03:57 CDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 01:56:04PM -0700, Ali wrote:
> > Here in the US, you can set up a living trust.
> > 
> > If done correctly, there is no need for probate court, lawyers, or
> > additional costs.
> > 
> > I had mine done a few surgeries ago, and is is nice to know that it
> > will make things easier, quicker, and less expensive for my family.
> > Most Lawyers don't like them because they make a lot of money in
> > probate.
> > 
> Not to go way OT but:
> They don't? Mine was more than happy to take my money! :) You have to go to the right lawyer - i.e. one specializing in trusts. For those guys it is easy money because for the most part it is boiler plate work. 
> In the US you should have a Living Trust (to avoid tax issues), a will, a Durable Power of Attorney, and an Advance Directive. You don't want to know how many time in my line of work I run into people without the last two and the headaches it causes for us and the families.....

This is way OT but it is hitting a very raw nerve right now for me.
My mother died April 21. Guess who did not have a PoA, Will or pre-arranged
funeral? Yes, my mother.

Please. If you have children, please do a will and pre-arrange funeral.
It is cruel otherwise. Very cruel.

- db at db at

More information about the cctalk mailing list