Unusual stuff inside computers

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Aug 3 17:09:40 CDT 2015

> On Aug 3, 2015, at 14:51 , ben <bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:
>

> Written on the drive, is a lot different than paper floating around inside

The bad blocks were "written on the drive" in the sense that they were written or printed on a paper label stuck to the top of the drive, not stored digitally on the drive platter(s). I may be mistaken, but I have a memory rattling around in my head of the bad block list even being printed on greenbar paper at final test, which was then cut with scissors and Scotch taped to the top of the drive. So, they were very literally "written on the drive" in layman's terms.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/