Saved DEC kit

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Wed Aug 5 14:11:04 CDT 2015

On Aug 5, 2015, at 1:26 PM, tony duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

(Fred wrote)
>> ...And pluto is no longer a planet.

Give us (New Horizons team) a couple years on that.
I’ll guess that even the IAU is going to realize the error of their ways by the time all is said and done.

> No, he's a dog (could not resist).

:-) I have heard a lot of ballyhoo about Pluto disovered by Americans, first explored by American spacecraft, etc. etc.
Oddly, not as much about its being named by a Briton (Venetia Phair, nee Burney).

FWIW, I was thinking about the (apparently mythical) pound-weight pint. And aware the approximation wasn’t good even to three significant figures, but I also guessed that after disposing of the test mass, nobody would care much about that third significant figure (as Fred points out)!
											- Mark