Classic programming

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 7 11:53:54 CDT 2015

On Fri, 8/7/15, Eric Christopherson <echristopherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a subset of this group for people who like to program in
> languages or language implementations or libraries that are no longer
> in common mainstream use? Or other groups for such a thing?

Funny you should mention that.  I just recently wrote a PDP-8
simulator in MCPL.  (It boots OS/8 as of about a week and a
half ago).  MCPL is a language developed by Martin Richards
who originated BCPL (which inspired Thompson's B which of
course Ritchie developed into C).  I also spend some time here
and there with Forth on a homebrew 6809 system.

So the answer is yes, there are definitely people here who
enjoy older languages.

BLS