Classic programming

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Aug 7 11:59:11 CDT 2015

On 08/07/2015 09:18 AM, Eric Christopherson wrote:
> Is there a subset of this group for people who like to program in
> languages or language implementations or libraries that are no
> longer  in common mainstream use?

"Classic" to me is a confusing term.  Do you mean languages such as
COMTRAN or 7080 Autocoder? JOVIAL?  "Common mainstream use" is also a
problem.  Some consider Fortran to be such an obsolete language--until
you get into the numerics-heavy fields of supercomputing.   RPG is still
very much around.

Be a bit more specific, please.

--Chuck