VAX4000/300 MNS7.3 isntallation from CDROM

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Fri Aug 7 14:43:14 CDT 2015

Jerry Weiss wrote:

> As Antonio mentioned, the condist VAXVMS073 normally boots into standalone backup mode.  The only application
> that runs is BACKUP.
>
> if you boot
> (BOOT/R5:10000000 DKA700:)

tried this in the meantime... the system boots with b/r5:10000000 dua3:
...warnings about cannot map sysdump.dmp on the system disk,
cannot map pagefile.sys on the systemdisk

OpenVMS (TM) .. something..

%WBM-I-WBMINFO Write bitmap has successfuly completed
%sysinit-e --error opening system dump file..
blabla..
%SYSTEM-I-MOUNTVER, DUA3: has been writer-locked. Mount verification in
progress.

and here it hangs, nothings happens. Can't get a prompt ot type anything.

...Rest tomorrow.

Enough for today.

Thanks in the meantime and good night !

Holm