Classic programming

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Sat Aug 8 11:05:18 CDT 2015

Hi Phil,

I checked out your SNOBOL4 page and I just wanted to note for your list of
historical platforms that SNOBOL4 and SPITBOL were also implemented on the
Michigan Terminal System (MTS) on S/360 ... this is actually the
incarnation I've been playing with recently ... along with numerous other
languages, it's just baked right into the D6.0 distribution tapes so it's
easy to get started right after a fresh installation ... I've found MTS is
a great platform to play around with a lot of these older languages on
Hercules... it's my favorite S/360 operating system by far.

Best,

Sean