MTS

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Mon Aug 10 15:49:47 CDT 2015

Dennis is correct, the MTS source and binary tapes were released to the
public a few years back and the URL he quotes is the hub for everything
MTS. If you want to spin up an instance yourself from scratch, I wrote a
little tutorial some time ago that will distill down the installation
documentation for you, and notes a few potential snags:

http://wildflower.diablonet.net/~scaron/herculesmts.html

It's actually pretty easy to install and run MTS from scratch, in rather
stark contrast to many operating systems that ran on the 360/370 platform.

There are a wide variety of assemblers and compilers included; here's an
overview; just a few of them are broken (Pascal, C) but most run:

http://archive.michigan-terminal-system.org/discussions/programming-languages-available-under-mts

Have fun! MTS runs great on Hercules. I have an instance running pretty
much continuously on one of my servers and I'm always on there playing
around with old languages.

Best,

Sean