Z80 / Z84C Swap (Doh!)

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Mon Aug 17 10:42:06 CDT 2015

On 8/17/2015 12:48 AM, drlegendre . wrote:

> Thanks for the input, gents..
>
> Sigh.. and here I sit, yet again, with neither a logic analyzer nor a
> decent digital scope. Unless something comes up, looks like I'll have to do
> it the hard way, as usual - heh.

Do you at least have a logic probe and a 20Mhz analog 'scope?

> At least the machine doesn't have a totally scrambled brain, with the
> correct CPU - so it will be easier to work through things, as I can at
> least partially communicate with the hardware if needed. Well, except for
> the lack of bootable media..
>
> Anyone have a spare Z-80? Or some bootable media for the Osborne 1? I have
> a few CP/M machines here, but I don't think any of them can write media for
> the Osborne. Even so, I'd need a way to get the Oz disk images to the
> machine of choice.. and that's another huge hurdle.
>
> Help a brother out.. I need some bootstrap media!! ;-)

My solution to that kind of issue has been my SD Card HxC floppy
simulator, available on eBay or direct from www.lotharek.pl .  Info on
the design available at http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/ .
 Then I go looking out on the 'net at bitsavers and other locations for
floppy images for whatever system I am working on.

JRJ