5.25" floppy disk storage.

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 14:16:11 CDT 2015

Something non-technical from me for a change.

Most of you in the UK will have come across 'Really Useful Boxes' and probably use them for storing
cables, screws, etc (I wish they made anti-static ones ;-)). Anyway what I hadn't realised until today is
that the 3 litre size is just the right size for storing 5.25" floppy disks (in their cardboard covers), it will
take about 80 of them with enough free space to extract them easily. Finding modern boxes for
5.25" disks is not that easy (I have not found the size for 8" disks though :-()

Even better, at the moment, Rymans (at least round here) have them on sale at 4 for \pounds 10.00
(normally \pounds 3.99 each).

-tony