Cheap board guy

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:44:24 CDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 2:13 AM, jim s <jwsmail at jwsss.com> wrote:

> I have the following from the gold scrapper guy so far...
> Great tip.  Wonder if anyone else partook of the tipoff.

I did not, but I looked at some things long and hard.  I was staring
at the A614 trying to figure out which analog card it was (thinking of
the A618s used here... http://www.chdickman.com/pdp8/VC8/VC8.txt)

Looking at the 3rd-party memory cards, it appeared to me that the
large one with the large chips was for an LSI-11 with the 4K on the
CPU card (which is why that card was "missing a row") and the Motorola
cards weren't particularly large.  They are just fine if you don't
have any RAM, but I have a sufficiency of small RAM - what I need is
big cards 1MB, 2MB and 4MB to load some machines up for 2BSD (anything
I do with RT-11 doesn't really need more than

That looks like a great haul.  I hope they are working cards.  That
also held me back from buying... I don't need more DEC projects right
now.  I have plenty to fix already.

-ethan