Data I/O 29B

Jim Stephens jws at jwsss.com
Sat Aug 22 00:24:45 CDT 2015

At microdata we had a support contract with Data I/O and every set of
roms for the base unit and the Unipak came with a new poster up to date
with the latest parts from the manufacturers.

So you don't need to just get a poster or table or list, but you also
need to match it to the firmware set in your 29xx.

I grabbed a stack of the posters at one time which were old and have
them somewhere.  I'm not sure what would have happened to them at heavy
user sites, but I know such as the local Avnet, and Hamilton offices
which we mooched programming time from after I left Microdata had quite
a few.  I don't know if they got as many updates as Microdata did.

Randy, did you know of such a program?  The program I'm talking with may
have gone around rep firms, as Microdata was using the crap out of a lot
of different roms, and then eproms.  Of course if you blew up a rom in
the Data I/O the manufacturers also warrantied them back pretty much w/o
any question, or someone came out to find out what you were doing wrong.

Thanks
Jim