De-yellowing

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 24 14:34:15 CDT 2015

> I'm not into the de-yellowing thing myself.  There's no evidence that
> de-yellowing improves the durability of objects.  A museum curator

Precisely my view, as I said a couple of days ago. If there is some
way to 'stabilise' the plastic so it doesn't go brittle or just fall apart
on its own then I would consider trying it. But not a cosmetic colour
change that will not make my VT100 or whatever last any longer.

> preparing an exhibit might well use a water-based acrylic that can
> easily be washed off.

Which would be, I think, totally useless for an object which is going to be
handled and used, like most classic computers here.

-tony