9-Track 1/2" Tape Drive Recommendations?

steve shumaker shumaker at att.net
Mon Aug 24 19:31:25 CDT 2015

On 8/22/2015 6:31 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 08/22/2015 02:14 PM, Al Kossow wrote:
>

>> No, I haven't the faintest idea where you would even find a copy today.
>
> I did find a reference to the CCVS suite of tests for sequential I/O:
>
> http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=ADA019757
>

> TOG lists the 1985 suite as the standard validation for COBOL, but the
> link goes to NCC and thence to a 404.
>
> One used to be able to get such stuff from the USDOC, but I doubt that
> they would know what you were talking about today.
>
> I suspect that there's a reel of tape somewhere with the damned things
> on it.
>
> --Chuck

Actually, with a little digging on DTIC I found another reference
9actaully several - the full manual is there -  and ended up on NTIS
which shows it *still* available although when you click the link the
product number gives an error and suggests you contact customer
service:.....     Al?

https://ntrl.ntis.gov/NTRL/dashboard/searchResults.xhtml?searchQuery=ADA024912

steve