DEC 9 Track Tapes (was Re: Applikon Workstation?)

Operon Lac operon.lac at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 02:59:46 CDT 2015

What takes, today, present time, to read 1/2-inch reel-to-reel tape?
Years ago, I've found literally HUNDREDS of half inch reel-to-reel tape,
stacked outside a telco switching building. I managed to scavenge one
hundred and ninety of them. Ended up throwing (because of lack of storing
space... and no prospect to be able to do anything with it...) 176. I kept
14 reels. Anyway... are there still people throwing/giving hardware able to
read that?
Hugs.
Л.//