De-yellowing results

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Mon Aug 31 23:10:29 CDT 2015

On 8/31/2015 1:43 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:

> Reports were varied and interesting.   UV was cited repeatedly as a
> suspect when it came to causing yellowing in the first place  This flies
> in the face of my experience in that I've had gear that's spent almost
> all of its life in a closed storage cabinet that yellowed anyway.
>
> Regardless of all of this, it seems that yellowing does recur, which is
> what one would expect from what amounts to a surface treatment.
>
> No, I don't plan on using this process...
>
> --Chuck

My VT100 is most yellow on the side facing the window, which for years
had ordinary glass.  It is less yellow front and back, and almost no
yellow on the side away from the window.  Same with its keyboard.

So, in at least some cases, it does seem to be related to how much light
that falls on the surface.

JRU